Thursday, January 4, 2007

I (heart) Archie McPhee

I've shown you the 17-inch rubber vulture (Edgar), but I now have over 2 feet of disturbingly realistic foam rubber rodent! His name (currently -- it might change in the future) is Charles Dexter Rat (from HPL's The Case of Charles Dexter Ward). He's atop the computer case at the moment.

We got a whole bunch of Archie McPhee toys today, and the rat was just one of the goodies. Another was the Oscar Wilde Action Figure (chipmunk sold separately -- at Target):

Lots of excellent Wilde quotes on the back of the package:

I'm not young enough to know everything.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

I do believe that Oscar needs to come out of the package and be photographed in various action shots with my Sigmund Freud action figure, and perhaps the glow-in-the-dark, squeaky octopus.

And some people fritter their lives away watching television.

No comments: