Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

I have a very non-drama-filled life. In fact, it could accurately be described as "boring." Now, while I do suffer from insomnia, chronic pain, and depression, I really don't have any crises going on and I'm able to handle what life throws at me with considerable aplomb (What an awesome word -- "aplomb." I'm going to type it a few more times because it's such a cool word. Aplomb, aplomb, aplomb). Big worries in my life right now include Christmas cards, visible skin tags, cats that have started peeing on the basement floor, and more projects involving yarn than I can possibly complete in a reasonable period of time (and yet, I still buy more yarn; what's up with that?).

I simply don't have the energy to live my life as if it was a made-for-TV movie (and if I did, I would ask that I be played by Susan Sarandon or Nicole Kidman, thank you, even though Nicole is much taller -- and Susan a tad bit older -- than I am in Real Life).

Today involves the following: Buying a Christmas tree; cleaning the living room in the preparation of the arrival of said Christmas tree; finding my Christmas decorations in the basement; and eating The Husband's meatloaf. Yesterday was knitting, the Moscow Cats Theater, and coney dogs (with mustard).



I love my life. No crises.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Typing stuff for the sake of typing stuff (I tend to do this a lot):
On Reading Lord Dunsany's Book of Wonder
by H.P. Lovecraft

The hours of night unheeded fly,
And in the grate the embers fade;
Vast shadows one by one pass by
In silent daemon calvacade.

But still the magic volume holds
The raptur'd eye in realms apart,
And fulgent sorcery enfolds
The willing mind and eager heart.

The lonely room no more is there --
For to the sight in pomp appear
Temples and cities pois'd in air
And blazing glories -- sphere on sphere.