Monday, April 23, 2007

Love the Yarn, Pet the Yarn, Fondle the Yarn...

Six skeins of Malabrigo kettle-dyed merino wool arrived today (the color is "Paris Nights"). It's my understanding that this stuff is about as addictive as, say, heroin. This is definitely being put aside until my l33t knitterly skillz are much more l33t-er.

In other sort-of-knitting-related news, Crazy Aunt Purl has finally gotten around to publishing her book. The responses and comments on her blog today are simply overwhelming, in the best sense of the word. One commenter wrote this:
All I could think when I read this was "wow, Laurie got published" and wanted to tell someone my "friend" got published. Then realized I'd have to explain that no, I don't really know you and no, you have no idea who I am, but hey - My friend got published!!
That's about how I feel, too. I've been reading Laurie's blog for about six months now. She's the one that turned me on to Dyson vacuum cleaners, Magic Erasers, and Noro Big Kuryeon(1). She is the one that motivated me to start my own blog. Laurie is like a friend, in a way, because she writes about so many topics that resonate with me -- books, relationships, cats, being looked at as an "eccentric," u.s.w. I am so ridiculously happy for her.

*****************
(1) [EDIT - I forgot about the budget worksheet, her demonstration of how to put those 1-pixel borders on the photographs, the fried chicken recipe I have to try, directing me to the Kitty Pi pattern, and about a dozen other things, I'm sure]

~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot thank you enough for this kindness, thank you. What a lovely, amazing thing to read!

Queen Frostine said...

I know I'm two days late, but I have to agree with you completly on Crazy Aunt Purl, thank you for bring her into my life, I now can't live without my dose of CAP. I also am THRILLED that I get to post under her comment. Like I told you - it's like a star has visited your blog!