Sunday, March 11, 2007

AWOL once again, this time in Vvardenfell

I've been burying myself in Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind once again. You know that despite all these years of my owning it, I have never once finished the main quest in either the initial game, Tribunal, or Bloodmoon? I seem to recall at one point that I had a level 40-something character, too, and I hadn't even started looking for Dagoth Ur (the main quest bad guy who needed his comeuppance).


I treasure this game. There is so much depth to it, and it's so open ended. Contrast this with Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and the latter game is sorely, sorely lacking. I've looked over a few posts on the forums for the upcoming expansion to Oblivion, and if you wade through enough of the X-box-overdosed, 13-year-old, fanboi comments, there might be a few reasons for me to get the expansion. Well, (1) it's set in the realm of the mad Daedric prince, Sheogorath, which should make for a lot of giggles, and (2) I can see if the devs have listened to any of us "old guard" Morrowind players who were so disappointed by the depth, or lack thereof, of Oblivion. Hope springs eternal, and all that.

No comments: