Sunday, December 24, 2006

One Day, I Will Learn How to Use PaintShop Pro, or Perhaps Speak Urdu. Which is More Likely?

Okies. He Who Does His Own Laundry (thank you) and I went to do our pre-Christmas feast grocery shopping(1), and I found the most glorious hot pink roses. I love hot pink. If you're going to have anything pink, I believe it should be aggressively PINK. None of those wimpy pastels! But I digress.

So, I take a photo of my aggressively pink roses, and, of course, it's not perfect. It's far too bright, in fact. Now, any normal blogging-type person would just open the pic in PaintShop Pro and doll it up a bit to make it look like it WASN'T nuclear winter outside. I do not, and never have, fallen into any category that has "normal" as a descriptive adjective in it. I'm more the "incompetent" blogging type person, or the "fumbling" blogging-type person, or the "run it up the flag pole and see how it fits" blogging-type person. Most definitely the latter.

Yes, I know where the "Colors > Adjust > Brightness/Contrast" button is, but it seems to have a mind of its own. So I present my overexposed, nuclear-winter, hot pink roses. I think they're lovely.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Follow up. The Husband filled me in on the Brightness/Contrast button. Small improvements have been made. The peasants rejoice.

* * * * * * * * * * * *
(1) We forgot the green beans but remembered the York Peppermint Patties (for another attempt at those mint brownies -- the first batch went in the garbage).

No comments: