Monday, April 16, 2007

I am a Good (Feminine, Singular) Citizen -- It's Tax Time!

I know how to say that in Russian (the "good citizen" part, that is), but, alas, cannot remember the Cyrillic alphabet. You're just going to have to trust me on that one.(1)

I've just checked the numbers on the return with He Who Wishes to Claim Cats as Dependents, and have e-filed the whole mess on to the Infernal Revenue Service. I take great pride in doing our taxes, but I do whine about it to a certain extent. I want my pats on the head, I suppose. Thank God for Turbo Tax.
Photo courtesy of Meme Cats
* * * * * * * * * * * *
(1) I've taken classes in French, German, Russian, and Japanese, with varying and widely disparate degrees of success. Learning to write the Cyrillic alphabet was a hoot. It took us a few weeks to get to the point where we could "sight read" Cyrillic (class met once a week in the evenings; that's why it took a while).

No comments: